Welcome & Admissions Process Explained
Welcome to Sherborne Prep School's Admissions Department and thank you for considering our wonderful school.
We understand how choosing the next step of your child’s educational journey can seem a daunting prospect. We are here to help answer any questions you may have and to let you know what makes Sherborne Prep School so special.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Charlotte Carty, Registrar
The 6 Steps to Sherborne Prep
We try to make the Admissions process as easy as possible for families and welcome applications for children to start with us at any point during the academic year.
- Please book a visit to the Prep to get a real sense of our ethos and all we have to offer the children.
- We welcome you on an individual visit to the school but we can also arrange virtual meetings if that is preferred initially.
- We have many visiting appointments available and are flexible to fit around busy, family lives.
- At this stage we ask you to register your formal interest by completing a Registration Form and paying our £50 Registration Fee.
- Waiting lists may be in operation in some year groups.
- Please send your child's most recent school report to us together with the completed Registration Form.
4. Taster Day
- The next step is to book a Taster Day for your child so they can experience the school first hand and provide you with genuine insight into the Prep.
- The children come in and enjoy a normal school day at the Prep so they can start making friends and getting to know our staff.
- If your application to the School is successful, an Offer Letter is sent to you with an Acceptance Form.
- We ask you to confirm your place at the Prep by completing the Acceptance Form and paying a Deposit for children joining from Year 3 upwards.
- The Deposit is £500 for children in the UK and £1,000 for children joining from overseas.
- Once we have received the completed Acceptance Form and the Deposit, then your child’s place at the Prep will be secure.
- The transition to the Prep is very important so please ensure we have received your Acceptance Form and Deposit 6 months prior to your child's start date. However, should this cause you any difficulties please do not hesitate to discuss this with our Registrar.
6. Transition and Welcome
- Ensuring a happy transition to the School for your child is very important.
- A Welcome Pack is sent to you to help with planning for your child's start at the School.
- There is a Transition Day in June where all children spend time with their new Form Teacher.
- The New Families Welcome Tea at the start of the Michaelmas Term for those starting in September gives you the chance to meet other new families and staff and have a refresher tour of the Prep ready for the first day of school.
- A full induction programme in September helps the children settle quickly into the School.
- Our wonderful Parents' Association -The Friends of Sherborne Prep School - are excellent at integrating new families into the Sherborne Prep Community.
Come and visit
You’re always welcome to visit Sherborne Prep and learn more about our distinctive community and historic location. To book an appointment, please click on the button below.
If you’d like a flavour of School life, please follow our social media channels:
- Find us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- See us on Vimeo
International pupils at Sherborne Prep School
We welcome applications from all over the world, celebrating a diverse community of mutual learning and growth and ensuring appropriate balance in our pupil population. Contact our Admissions Team for further information: email@example.com