At Sherborne Prep School, we believe in learning to think imaginatively, to work both collaboratively and independently, and to care sincerely for others and for our world.
We seek, through working hard, to discover all we are capable of doing and being, and the joys of life and of learning.
- To foster the best possible work ethic in each child by encouraging passion, curiosity, initiative, and a joy of learning.
- To help children to discover and develop their own personalities and talents.
- To ensure that children are well grounded and develop a social and cultural awareness which enables them to understand their place and their responsibilities in the wider world.
- To welcome parents into a partnership which embraces trust, understanding, a shared vision and mutual support.
- To encourage children to see their education as a staging post to lifelong learning, discovery and achievement.
We nurture happy, enthusiastic and independent children, encouraged at every turn to give their best, showing kindness in all they do. We celebrate individuality, at the same time as valuing our community and looking out for each other.
Sherborne Preparatory School believes:
- that a child’s happiness and positive self-esteem are vital to their personal and social development.
- that children need to be taught to believe in themselves.
- that the attitude of children should be healthy and positive.
- that children become independent learners.
- that children are taught to think.
- that children know how to set goals and how to achieve them.
- that children are taught that self-discipline and self-motivation are the keys to achievement and success.
Our Values - What We Stand For
At the heart of our life together are our “Dragon” values and these form a key part of our life as a community. They help us all to be the best version of ourselves, and help others do the same. They are:
The Sherborne Prep Dragon values are based on the Christian ethos however, we welcome children from all faiths or none.