The 6 Steps to Sherborne Prep
We try to make the Admissions process as easy as possible for families and welcome applications for children to start with us at any point during the academic year, subject to places being available.
- We encourage you to come and visit us so that you can really get a sense of our ethos and all that we have to offer the children. All visits are individual and tailored to your family.
- Whilst we very much hope that you will visit us in person, virtual meetings can be arranged if preferred.
- At this stage we ask you to register your formal interest by completing a Registration Form and paying our Registration Fee.
- Waiting lists may be in operation in some year groups.
- Please send your child's most recent school report to us together with the completed Registration Form.
- Once registered, your child will be invited to join us for a Taster Day, an ideal opportunity to experience the school, lessons and co-curricular activities for themselves, and allow them to start feeling more comfortable in our surroundings.
- The children come in and enjoy a normal school day at the Prep so they can start making friends and getting to know our staff.
- If your application to the School is successful, an Offer Letter is sent to you with an Acceptance Form.
- Places are confirmed once a completed Acceptance Form has been received and, for children in Year 3 and above, payment of the deposit as detailed in the Offer Letter has been made.
- To enable us to support your child in their transition to the Prep School, we recommend that the Acceptance Form and deposit are received by us six months prior to your child’s start date. However, should this cause you any difficulties please do not hesitate to discuss this with our Registrar.
- Ensuring a happy transition to the School for your child is very important. Your child will be invited to a transition day when all children spend time with their new teacher; for those joining at the beginning of the academic year, this will be in June, and by arrangement for all other starters.
- The New Families Welcome Tea at the start of the Michaelmas Term for those starting in September gives you the chance to meet other new families and staff and have a refresher tour of the Prep ready for the first day of school.
- A full induction programme in September helps the children to settle quickly into school life at Sherborne, and ensures that they very quickly feel a part of our fabulous community.
- Our wonderful Parents' Association -The Friends of Sherborne Prep School - are excellent at integrating new families into the Sherborne Prep Community.
Come and Visit
We warmly welcome to visit Sherborne Prep and learn more about our distinctive community and historic location. To book an appointment, please click on the button below.